In the end of the XVII century, with the disappearance of the danger from the pirates and after the expulsion of the Turks in 1684, the population is returned to the coast and slowly builds a new settlement , which name, Baška Voda, is mentioned for the first time in 1688. The first public construction is the late-baroque St. Lawrence's church, built in 1750, on the foundations of an ancient construction. Along with land farming, the population also turns to the sea, to fishing and navigation. The first school is opened in 1845, the St Nicolas' church in neoromanesque style is built in 1889 and the first post-office in 1900.
With the construction of the pier in 1912, Baška Voda becomes an important harbor of the area and the intensive trade between the islands and the hinterland was led through it.