On the mere sloping ground of the Biokovo, on the 150 m height above sea level, 2 km east of Baška Voda, Bast is placed. The name Bast, probably drawing its roots from the ancient times (Biston), was written for the first time in 1434. Besides the examples of the wonderfully preserved Dalmatian architecture (buildings paved with rock plates with stone chimneys and salt-pans) a place is also decorated by St Roko's church (XV ct) in gothic style and a late-baroque Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (1636) which in the end of the XIX century receives new marble alters (J. Barišković). Around the church there is an old graveyard where there are the four most interesting tomb stones with chiselled-in shields, swords and a half-moon (XVI – XV ct). On the north from the village there is an archeological site, St Elias' chapel (1895) and St Nicolas' chapel (1926) and by the source Smokvina on the archeological site Grebišće there is a standing tomb-stone decorated with ornaments (XIII/XV). Bast was the center of the parish until 1885 when the parish priest's office moved to Baška Voda. Along with the agricultural work, the place also earned a living from the stone-pit, but in the end of the XX century it turns to tourism, and so it offers rooms and apartments in private homes and gastronomical pleasures in the Dalmatian wine-cellar.