The sea embraced by the mountain
In the heart of Dalmatia, this destination comprises the area of 15 cities, municipalities and places (Makarska, Vrgorac, Imotski, Brela, Baška Voda, Tučepi, Podgora, Igrane, Drvenik,Gradac, Živogošće, Podbablje, Zagvozd, Zadvarje, Šestanovac).
It is ideal for those who etiher strive for active holiday (more than 20 chilometers of promenade near the sea adequate for either slow, romantic walks or biking and nordic walking and more than 100 chilometers of walking trails at the foot of the magnificent mountain as well as the Park of nature Biokovo) or for those who long for recreation and relaxation in wellness centers and health resorts along with the healthy mixture of fresh mountain air and the sea air with the scent of pine trees.
410 members of PPS club
During the pre-season and post-season:
- more than 10 000 beds available in hotels
- more than 3 500 beds available in private accomodation (appartments & rooms)
- more than 2 500 beds in campsites
- more than 30 opened restaurants
- numerous traditional, cultural and sport events
- numerous thematic trips in the destination and outside destination
- more than 30 journalists and agents have visited the destination in only one year
Tourism statistics in pre-season and post-season: